The Tyfo® Fibrwrap® pipe rehabilitation system is a fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) based, trenchless technology method for the repair, strengthening and retrofit of corrosion-damaged and distressed large-diameter PCCP, RCCP and steel pressure pipelines used in municipal, industrial and other facilities.
It is the only FRP pipeline system to have an ICC Evaluation with 2006 IBC Compliance and PMG-1040 Compliance. Our patented process (US Patent 5931198) has been successfully utilized worldwide for more than a decade to rehabilitate miles of pipelines ranging from diameters of 36 inches to 201 inches.
By bonding specially designed layers of FRP (carbon fibers and glass fibers) to the internal surface of a pipeline, we take advantage of the inherent strength of these FRP systems, which in turn contribute to significantly increasing both the hoop and axial strengths of distressed pipe segments.
Application of fiber composite layers leaves the internal diameter of the pipe virtually unchanged, resulting in a rapid installation process that is both economical and, most importantly, fully structural.
Fibrwrap Construction offers a complete turnkey package that includes access, surface preparation and application of the Tyfo® Fibrwrap® system. The entire Tyfo® system is NSF 61 compliant and when necessary additional protective coatings are applied for aggressive chemical or environmental exposures.
- Restoration of pipelines to original hydrostatic pressure capacity
- Accommodation of increased internal pressure requirements
- Re-establishment of flexural loading capabilities
- Restoration of original external load-bearing capacity
- Upgraded load-bearing capacity due to higher traffic requirements
- Trenchless Process: prevents the cutting of roads and other surface structures
- Segmental Repair System: prevents costly alternative methods such as sliplining. In addition, these systems allow full structural rehabilitation of only distressed pipe segments
- Prevention of Internal Diameter Loss: rarely adds more than ¼-inch thickness to the pipe. This is significantly less than any other rehab system out there
- Speed of Completion: allows emergency repairs to be completed in minimal time (48 to 72 hours)
- Limited Service Disruption: promises rapid, turnkey application and emergency repairs
- Completely Non-Corrosive System: ensures that corrosion-related damages do not recur in rehabilitated pipe segments
- NSF 61 Certification: includes every component of the repair system from the fibers to the primers to the resins and composites
- Durability: guarantees that all rehab systems are designed for a minimum 50-year service life just like concrete and steel. Full-scale testing, weatherability studies and in-field service life have proven the durability of FRP-based systems
- Environmentally-Friendly: ensures that the VOC-content of composite systems are well below EPA’s hazardous air pollutant (HAP) allowables. This is ideal for work performed in confined spaces such as inside pipelines
- Trained Professionals: Fibrwrap Construction’s crew of project managers, superintendents and field application personnel adhere to the highest standards of safety. They are certified by the Cal/OSHA Mining and Tunneling Unit to meet one of the most stringent construction regulations in North America --- The California Dept. of Industrial Relations, Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) – Title 8 Regulations (T8 CCR, California Code of Regulations), Chapter 4, Division of Industrial Safety, Subchapter 20, Tunnel Safety Orders (§§ 8400 – 8568)