Nuclear Power for Structural Enhancements
Tyfo® Fibrwrap® Systems Help Address Structural Challenges
Fibrwrap Construction has assisted with addressing structural challenges and upgrades within nuclear power generation facilities for nearly 18 years. Tyfo® Fibrwrap® advanced composite systems provide a fast, durable resolution to problems which might otherwise produce high shutdown costs due to lost production capacity.
Tyfo® Fibrwrap® systems have been used extensively to provide the following structural performance enhancements:
• Beam/slab flexural strengthening due to increased load requirements
• URM/RC wall seismic retrofit
• URM/RC wall protection from overpressure events
• Tank seismic strengthening and leak protection
• Steel tank tornado missile protection
Tornado Missile Protection
Tyfo® Fibrwrap® systems can be tailored to provide protection to steel tanks and other at-risk structures from design basis tornado missiles as defined by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's Regulatory Guide 1.76-1.